Fluxbox is a stacking window manager for the X Window System, Fluxbox 1.3 has arrived! A long long long time is over, and we finally decided to make a release.
What’s New :
- Added support for bidirectional text, #2801836.
- Allow to override ‘Focus New Windows’ via .fluxbox/apps
- New actions:
- New ‘MoveN’ and ‘ClickN’ action support for keys file
- New focus model ‘StrictMouseFocus’. This will affect focus when closing, moving, lowering windows, changing desktops, etc, whereas the ‘MouseFocus’ model will only change focus when you move the mouse.
- New “background: unset” property for use in overlays.
- Allowing relative paths for background images in style files.
- Allowing matching screen number in ClientPattern.
- Removed rootcommand from init, as fbsetbg is run automatically nowadays.
- Removed line style resources from init file.
Install and use Fluxbox in Ubuntu:
Open terminal type the following:
First open the source.list file:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/paultag/fluxbox/ubuntu maverick main deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/paultag/fluxbox/ubuntu maverick main
Save and exit
Now in the terminal type :
sudo apt-get update -y
Finally install Fluxbox with:
sudo apt-get install fluxbox