I am maintaining transmission ports in FreeBSD ports tree. There are five transmission ports that I have splitted. The four ports are clients and one port is a meta-port that will installing a complete packages of Transmission.
- net-p2p/transmission: A meta-port, it depends on cli, daemon and gtk2. If you do not want a full package of Transmission, don’t use it.
- net-p2p/transmission-cli: Transmission CLI (command line) client.
- net-p2p/transmission-daemon: Transmission daemon client. Depends on transmission-web.
- net-p2p/transmission-gtk2: Transmission GTK+2 client. Depends on transmission-web.
- www/transmission-web: Transmission WebUI client. You shouldn’t install it alone, but you can if you want to. Best to install transmission-daemon or transmission-gtk2 that depends on transmission-web.
Visit FreshPorts for more info:
To install transmission packages by your choice (You can install more than one):
# pkg_add -r transmission
# pkg_add -r transmission-cli
# pkg_add -r transmission-daemon
# pkg_add -r transmission-gtk2
# pkg_add -r transmission-web
To install transmission ports by your choice (You can install more than one):
# cd /usr/ports/net-p2p/transmission ; make install clean
# cd /usr/ports/net-p2p/transmission-cli ; make install clean
# cd /usr/ports/net-p2p/transmission-daemon ; make install clean
# cd /usr/ports/net-p2p/transmission-gtk2 ; make install clean
# cd /usr/ports/www/transmission-web ; make install clean
If you want to build Transmission from SVN by yourself. Check here for how to check out from SVN. To build it, you will need to install build tools and dependencies first. Skip any step if you already have one of it installed.
# cd /usr/ports/devel/autotools ; make install clean
# cd /usr/ports/ftp/curl ; make install clean
If you want GTK+ client, add this:
# cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20 ; make install clean
You should be already have gmake and gettext installed from devel/autotools. To build Transmission SVN, you will need to specific CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS, OPENSSL_CFLAGS, and OPENSSL_LIBS.