Mixxx is designed for DJ’ing for both professional and semi-professional users. Mixxx was started in early 2001 as one of the first digital DJ systems.
Today Mixxx includes many features common to digital DJ solutions, but also some very unique features: It is free, and runs on all major desktop operating systems.
Furthermore Mixxx has a number of key features to help the DJ in the live mix: Beat estimation, parallel visual displays, and support for many DJ input controllers.
Mixxx is software for DJ’ing. You can use wave based audio files, Ogg Vorbis and MP3 files as audio input. Mixxx can be controlled through the GUI and with external controllers including MIDI devices, joysticks and more.
* BPM estimation: Mixxx measures the BPM of each song to help you beat match faster.
* Parallel waveform displays: See the beats in songs line up when mixing and quickly spot drift.
* Waveform summaries: Visually see the dynamics of an entire track, just like with vinyl.
* MP3 / OGG / WAVE / FLAC playback: Mix your tracks without converting your collection.
* Pitch-independent time stretch: Change the speed of a song without altering the pitch.
* Vinyl emulation: Adjust the pitch of a song, just like on a real turntable.
* Wave Recording: Save your mixes on-the-fly.
and many more …
OpenSuse 11.1 user can use “single click” installer to install the application – here